Friday, July 25, 2008

The Old Man and the Fish (In Reverse)

This past weekend my Gorgeous Fiance (GF), Jack and I went to camp to visit my 'rents. The plan was to chill, ski, tube and best of all (according to Jack) have Grammy teach Jack to fish.

In brief, every goal was attained...we Ski'ed, Tubed and best of all Gramm tought Jack how to fish (she even got him his own fishing rod and everything).

They say a picture says a thousand words, well this Video says a million.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ydx2zewpj0

Yep, he was pretty excited. I was pretty excited. Grammy was pretty excited...we were all pretty excited. Except for the fish. I was hoping for a catch and release type thing. My Dad even filed down the barb on the hook, so it wouldn't be too difficult to remove after the catch.

Well, the dumb fish goes and swallows the thing almost whole. Long story short, it took a pair of needle nose plyers and a bit of umph to remove it (and there may have been some "collateral damage" during the extraction). I was still determined to set the fish free, so I tossed him back into the shallow water..at which point one of the dogs at camp IMMEDIATELY dove in after him and much to my dismay (as well as the fish's I would guess) RETRIEVED the fish and brought him back to shore in his mouth.

So, after removing the less than enthusiastic fish from the Jaws of this huge dog, I created a diversion (threw a rock to the right of me) and tossed the fish back into the water...where he promptly sank like a stone.

I'm sure he's fine though...just swim it off man!


The Fish's story:
"Wow, what a lovely day..swimming around..think I'll go get breakfast..Hey look, a WORM.

HEY, WHAT THE $@!# "

No comments: