Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Vote for Obama

Friends,So in the day and age of non stop media coverage on everything from what Paris Hilton had for breakfast to who's the latest crook on Wall Street, I have to stop and think about what I think about the Candidates to be my next President.

After spending a lot of time thinking about it, I have chosen to vote for Obama. I can't say that I am overwhelmingly excited by this choice, but I believe it to be the right one considering the alternative.

This is the first time in my adult life where I have made my preference known in such a fashion and encouraged my friends to vote as I do. I respect all of your opinions, but hope that common sense rules in the end.

It's a free Country and you will all vote as you see fit, I just ask that you get away from the sound bites, stop listening to the talking heads and think for yourselves.

I think...

I think that John McCain was an honorable soldier in a time of war
I think that alone does not qualify him to run this Country
I think that Barack Obama is a smart man, with an impressive educational resume
I think that alone does not qualify him to run this Country
I think that our choices for the next President are marginal at best and do not reflect the needs of the Country
I think that our current crop of Politicians (Republicans and Democrtats alike) are "me first" types, who have oversold their allegiances to special interest groups and lobbyists and are only concerned about their constituents durning election times
I think the average American has almost nothing in common with our elected Political leaders (Financially, or otherwise)
I think the divide between the average American and our elected political leaders is greater now than ever before
I think that American's don't know what to do about that and have become apathetic
I think that our best possible leaders are not interested in the job of President, primarily due to the politicians in office today and the level of corruption and special interest ties that go along with the job
I think that if Americans could have drafted any two Americans (Politicians, or otherwise) to run for the office of President, neither McCain, nor Obama would have been on that list
I think that tells the story of what is happening in Washington, DC
I think that John McCain has long since forgotten what it is like to be an Average American
I think that John McCain's choice of Sarah Palin as his VP candidate was reckless and politically motivated and presents a clear and present danger to the United States of America
I think if you disagree with this, you are lying to yourself
I think that that the people who support Sarah Palin are doing so only because of blind loyalty to the Republican Party
I think that if Sarah Palin were to have run for President, on the Republican ticket, she wouldn't have made it out of the Primaries
I think her supporters should consider this
I think it is nice to be "plucky", and "Spunky" and a "girl next door" type
I think none of these traits qualifies one to ascend to the most powerful office in the free world
I think that if John McCain were to die in office, thus elevating Sarh Palin to the office of President, America would be in grave danger
I think, based upon personal and family medical history, there is a better than average chance of this happening
I think we cannot take this chance
I think this fact alone, no matter what else you think of him, disqualifies John McCain to become our next President
I think that too many people are allowing racism to determine their vote for President
I think that too many people can't get past the name Hussein and the color of the skin
I think that Barack Obama would need a very skilled cabinet to become a succesful President
I think of the two candidates, he has the best chance to do so
I think that neither of the candidates will bring real "change"
I think that we hear the same empty promises every 4 years
I think that we never demand accountability for these promises
I think that we have ourselves to blame for this
I think that we should expect better from our elected officials
I think a crisis of confidence, not finance, is the biggest threat to America
I think we are forced to vote the lesser of two evils when deciding on the next President of the United States of America
I think that is a sad thing to think
I think that I worry for our children's future

Best,Liam

No comments: