Tuesday, April 8, 2008

SPRING...she's a comin'

Ok, there's no two ways around it...this has been one of the LONGEST, COLDEST, UGLIEST winters I have lived through in my 20+/- years in Maine.

I guess if I skied / snowboarded / snowmobiled perhaps I'd have a different take on it, but I don't, so there's no consolation prize for me.

To make matters worse, I convinced my GF (now Fiance) to move here from MA. Now you wouldn't think an hours drive South would make that huge of a difference in overall climate, but
somehow it does. The MA winter was less harsh overall.

One of the worst parts is that my favorite activities are biking and going to the beach (not just to sunbath, but to collect seashells with my son Jack and finace Janine) and both of those activities have been virtually impossible (even at this late date). It's been cruel to say the least.

Well, over the last few days we've heard the gulls and birds coming back outside our window. We've heard the spring rush of the river as the falls are opened up. We've seen the buds on the flowers and trees as we drive to work. Apparently Spring still means to make an appearance in New England and I know of three very happy people living in Saco right now.

Here's to hope, Here's to warmth and Here's to SPRING finally showing her lovely face!

Onward...

No comments: